Labor and EmploymentParker Milliken’s labor and employment group is one of the cornerstones of the firm’s century old practice. Since 1963, when John O’Hara joined the firm, Parker Milliken has been representing management on behalf of employers of all sizes within California and beyond.
Today, employment litigation is one of the fastest growing sectors in the legal industry. Due to highly technical wage and hour requirements and plaintiff-friendly laws, employers require experienced counsel to protect their interests and assist in the development of compliant policies and practices to safeguard against potential exposure. We are here to help you.
Our expertise crosses industry boundaries and includes organizations ranging from aerospace to insurance, from education to construction, and from manufacturing to hospitality. Parker Milliken routinely represents employers in state and federal court as well as handling matters before federal and state agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Labor, California Labor Commissioner, NLRB, EEOC, OSHA, and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
In the area of employment law, our attorneys regularly represent businesses and their principals in:
- Complex wage and hour class actions;
- Wrongful termination and related state law actions;
- Federal and state anti-discrimination claims;
- Actions to protect employer confidential, proprietary or trade secret information;
- Enforcing arbitration provisions; and
- Government contract compliance
- Defending unfair labor practice charges;
- Collective bargaining;
- Representation elections;
- Discharge and other grievance arbitrations; and
- Other negotiations